Sunday, May 29, 2022

So It's Wasteland Once Again, After All This Time

     Hi, I'm Arlen Walker and I am Live from Pellam's Wasteland.  

    That's normally how I start my YouTube videos and podcast episodes, and I don't know that it makes as much sense in this format, but nevertheless I am far too much a creature of habit to change things now.  This is a blog that, long ago, I had very high hopes for but that I have let languish for some time now.  I would like for it to no longer languish in obscurity but instead to be a place of obscurity with regularly posted content.  

    I think that sharing my thoughts in written form is inherently good for me.  As I have shared in other places, like my Youtube channel and my Anchor podcast, I actually have a degree in English, and am someone that (ideally) values written communication, especially edited and optimized written communication.  Of course editing and optimizing content is an arduous process, at least for me, so don't expect anything miraculous overnight.  Whether or not me sharing written content is good for anyone who might read this is still up for debate, but a bit of selfish sharing on my part might be exactly what I need.

    There are two types of things I'd like to post here.  First, and probably most common, I'd like to post nonfiction writings about things that I like or have been thinking or reading about, probably centered on TTRPGs and the like but perhaps expanding to other subjects as I get into those subjects.  Second, and probably much less common but hopefully still often enough, I'd like to post fiction that I have written, probably in a somewhat unedited and rough state.  Eventually I may well end up posting things I've posted once before but in an expanded and edited state, but that will likely only happen months from now, once I have an accumulated source of written content to practice editing on.

    With any luck, those sorts of things are also the sorts of things you are interested in.  If so, I suggest that you bookmark the page or add the blog to your reading list or whatever else you do to keep track of blogs that you read.  Right now the plan is to post at least once a week, maybe more often if I can get into a more aggressive and consistent productivity schedule.  Also, if somehow you discovered this blog without knowing about my Youtube channel or podcast, you should check those out too!  There are links to both in my bio here.

    I hope each and every reader is excited about reading more interesting things here on the Pellam's Wasteland blog, so stay frosty and happy reading!

    With apologies to Horace for butchering his poetry in translation for the title.

-AW

No comments:

Post a Comment